Ameritron RCS-8V Remote Coax Switch
The RCS-8V 5 -Pos. Remote Antenna Switch
Replace 5 coax feedlines with one!
Ameritron's Remote Coax Switch lets your remotely switch up to five separate antennas -- so you can replace five coax feedlines with a single coax.
Eliminate a tangle of troublesome coax and have a simple and neat installation -- with just a single coax feedline.
The RCS-8V consists of two units -- the weatherproof switching box that mounts on your tower or mast and the control unit that's placed at your operating station.
VSWR is less than 1.2 from DC to 250 MHz and slightly higher at 450 MHz with less than 0.1 dB loss at 150 MHz -- if you operate HF to VHF/UHF. This RCS-8V is for you.
It handles 5 KW below 30 MHz and 1 KW at 150 MHz. You can ground unused positions or leave them open.
The indoor control unit is all metal to prevent RFI and TVI. It also has LEDs to indicate the antenna you've selected.
A Lexan scratch proof front panel has a markable surface for labeling your antennas.
The RCS-8V operates from 120 VAC power source or RCS-8VX for 220/240 Vac. Uses any 6 conductor control line (not supplied) and allows safe operation with 14 volts control voltage.
The RCS-10V 8 -Pos. Remote Antenna Switch
This Remote Coax Switch lets you remotely switch up to eight HF antennas -- so you can replace 8 coax feedlines with a single coax. Eliminate a tangle of troublesome coax and have a simple and near installation -- with just a single coax feedline!
The RCS-10 consists of two units -- the weatherproof switching b ox that mounts on your tower or mast and the control unit that's placed at your operating station.
Outdoor Unit Features
- Inexpensive and simple wiring: selects up to eight antennas using one four conductor telephone type control line
- High Power Capability: The RCS-10 relay box will handle over 5 kW into matched loads below 30 MHz
- Long Relay Life: UL/CSA/VDE approved sealed relays with 16 ampere switching current rating. Tested to withstand 1200V.
- Flexible Mounting: The RCS-10 hardware accepts mast sizes from 1 inch to 2 1/4 inches
- Compact: Approximately 5 1/4 W x 6 7/8 D x 3 H inches and weighs just 3 lbs.
- Reliable Connectors: Teflon UHF-style SO-239 females, internal barrier strip for control lines
- Low Voltage: Requires 10-15 Volts at less than 300 mA.
- Wide Frequency Range: Covers DC-100 MHz with low SWR, loss, and good isolation
- Highly Weather Resistant: Sealed relays, stainless hardware, and U-V resistant cover
Control Box Features
- Power Requirements: The RCS-10 operates from a 120 VAC power source or RCS-10X for 220/240 VAC. Uses any 4 conductor control line (not supplied). Note: any 12vdc/ 500ma source could be used to operate these switches.
- Easy-To-Read Antenna Indicators Eight wide-spaced LED's indicate the selected antenna
- Wide Profile 6 1/4 W x 4 5/8 D x 3 1/4 H inches helps prevent unwanted movement when turning selector switch
- Flexible Interface Accepts and outputs one-of-eight control signals, and outputs three-line BCD data
SEE "HARDWARE" PAGE FOR 4 and 6 CONDUCTOR CONTROL CABLE
Model Description Price RCS-8V* Remote Coax Switch, DC-250MHz 100/110/120V -to 250Mhz $159.00 RCS-8VX* Remote Coax Switch, DC-250MHz, 200/220/240V -to 250Mhz $159.00 RCS-10V* 8 Position Remote Coax Switch, 5KW<30MHz, 100/110/120V $179.00 RCS-10VX* 8 Position Remote Coax Switch, 5KW<30MHz, 200/220/240V $179.00
(* Available from Cubex)